Men are from Mars, women are from Venus… What does that even mean? It means that we are two different creatures; we come from two different worlds and in order to interact and get along with one and other, we need to understand the way each creature functions. What distinguishes a good relationship between a man and a woman from a bad one? To be honest it’s quite simple, there are certain things that a woman from Venus, must understand while dealing with a man from Mars. This brings us to the inevitable matter: How to keep a guy in 10 ways.
1. Listen to him: First and foremost, listen to them. Guys enjoy it when a woman is interested in what they are saying. Even if they’ll go on and on about sports, or any other topic that you might not be interested in, pay attention because he will appreciate your interest and will definitely want to keep you around.
2. Understand him: Men want women that understand them. Understand his needs. Understand what is it that they are looking for and what do they expect out of the relationship. Once you comprehend what he wants, he will value your needs and wants too.
3. Do not bother him during “bromance”: This is crucial. Every guy needs guy time. Whether it’s during a big game, simple night out with the boys, or a get together, leave him alone during “bromance.” Don’t annoy him with calls or text messages. Give him space to enjoy quality time with his friends.
4. Complain the least possible: Nobody likes a complainer, especially a guy. One of the key elements in keeping a guy is to complain the least possible. Don’t overwhelm him with negativity. In fact embrace the positivity and he will certainly stick around.
5. Do not start arguments on small issues: Women don’t enjoy arguing, but men hate it. Try to avoid starting arguments on small issues that are not important. For example, if he tells you he will call you in 10 minutes, and after 1 hour he didn’t, don’t start something with him over this small issue. He probably got busy or most likely he forgot.
6. Do not complicate things: Say what you really want because in “MARS” they are not mind readers. Men are straight forward, if you’re honest with your man, and you don’t complicate things, chances are you will get what you want.
7. Look attractive: Men enjoy when women are well dressed, and take care of themselves, therefore look good for your man. You don’t need to go over the top, simply continue looking presentable and graceful.
8. Never put them down: One of the biggest turn offs is when a woman doesn’t stand up for her man and constantly puts him down in front of people. If something is bothering you, tell him privately, do not under any circumstance make him look bad in front of people, especially his friends or family. I guarantee you, if you’re a woman and you praise your man, as opposed to putting him down, he will appreciate it and will want to keep you around.
9. Don’t bring up the past negatively: STOP RIGHT THERE! If something happened in the past, that got resolved and that doesn’t reflect the relationship in a positive way, do not bring the matter back. There is a reason it’s in the past, and you don’t want it to affect the present nor the future.
10. Have faith/trust: Any good relationship needs faith, but also trust. Have faith in your man and trust him. If he doesn’t give you a reason to be up his case all the time, then you don’t need to. Without trust you will not go far.
We can sit here and discuss the dos and don’ts of relationships all day. My advice, if you’re from Venus and you find it difficult to keep a man from Mars, try a few of the ways mentioned above and you will see that your luck might change.